THE DAIRY KITCHEN Rosemary and Ricotta Farinata
By THE DAIRY KITCHEN
Preparation 25 MINS
Cooking 20 MINS
Serve these on a anitpasto platter at your next gathering
Ingredients3/4 cup fine chickpea (besan) flour
1 cup cold water
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked
150g wedge ricotta cheese, crumbled
antipasto, for serving
A heavy cast iron pan is preferable for cooking Farinata, ensure it is searing hot before adding batter.
- Place flour in a large bowl and gradually whisk in
- water until a thin, smooth batter forms, stir in salt
- and rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 250°C and place a 25-30cm heavy based,
- oven-proof frypan or shallow cast-iron dish into
- the oven to preheat.
- Carefully remove pan from oven, add half the oil and
- pour in half the batter, (it should sizzle immediately),
- sprinkle with half the rosemary and half the crumbled
- ricotta. Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until the pancake is
- golden and crisp at the edges. Remove and repeat
- with remaining oil, batter, rosemary and ricotta.
- Cut the farinata into wedges and enjoy immediately
- as a pre-dinner snack, served with antipasto.