THE DAIRY KITCHEN Really Easy Pumpkin and Ricotta Cannelloni
By THE DAIRY KITCHEN
Preparation 30 MINS
Cooking 30 MINS
Surprise the family with this flavour packed cannelloni
Ingredients350g fresh reduced fat ricotta cheese
2 spring onions, chopped
1 1/4 cups grated pumpkin
1 small zucchini, grated
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3 fresh lasagne sheets
500ml tomato passata (Italian tomato cooking sauce)
1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
crisp green salad, for serving
Tomato Passata is available in the supermarket. This "no cook" filling and sauce makes this recipe super quick to prepare. Try using cheddar cheese if you don't have mozzarella in the fridge. The canneloni can be frozen raw or cooked. It should be thawed completely before reheating/cooking.
- Watch the video on how to cook this recipe
- Combine ricotta, spring onions, pumpkin, zucchini, 1/4 cup parmesan, egg, thyme, lemon and season to taste.
- Lay a lasagne sheet on a clean bench and cut in half to form 2 squares. Spread 1/2 cup ricotta mixture along one edge of the sheet and roll to enclose. Repeat with remaining sheets and ricotta mixture
- Spread 1/4 cup sauce over the base of a large baking dish and snuggly fit in each of the canneloni. Spread with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and remaining parmesan over the cannelloni and bake at 180°C for 30-45 minutes until golden and cooked through. Stand for 10 minutes before serving with a crisp green salad.