THE DAIRY KITCHEN Mexican Chicken Tacos with Feta Salsa and Avocado Smash
By THE DAIRY KITCHEN
Preparation 20 MINS
Cooking 25 MINS
This recipe is exactly how Mexican food should be. Light, fresh and full of flavour. It will soon become a popular family recipe.
Ingredients1/3 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
500g skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed of visible fat
Feta Salsa1 corn cob, peeled
1/4 pineapple, peeled and finely chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped red capsicum
100g reduced fat feta, crumbled
2 tablespoons torn mint leaves, extra
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Avocado Smash1/2 ripe avocado, roughly mashed
1/4 cup low fat sour cream
For Serving12 pack taco shells, prepared according to packet instructions
If you are in a hurry substitute the charred corn for drained canned corn kernels. Chicken can be substituted for beef.
Nutrition (per serve)
|Dietry Fibre (g)||6.2|
|Fat Total (g)||39|
- Combine lemon juice, herbs and oil and reserve half for the Feta Salsa. Pour the remaining dressing over the chicken and marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat a char-grill pan or BBQ over medium-high heat. Cook corn cob turning, for 15-20 minutes or until charred and tender. Cut the kernels from the cob and combine with the remaining feta salsa ingredients and reserved dressing.
- Cook chicken on the hot grill or BBQ chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through. Remove for heat and slice into thick pieces.
- Combine the avocado and sour cream and season with pepper.
- Make your own tacos with heated taco shells and bowls of grilled chicken, feta salsa and avocado smash.