THE DAIRY KITCHEN Prosciutto, Pumpkin and Bocconcini Pizza
By THE DAIRY KITCHEN
Preparation 25 MINS
Cooking 20 MINS
Hot straight from the oven, home made pizzas are so fresh and delectable with mouthwatering cheesiness.
Ingredients7g ( 1 sachet) dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
185ml warm water
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
300g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
spray olive oil
freshly ground black pepepr
1/4 cup passata or Italian cooking sauce
100g bocconcini, drained and sliced
2 thin slices prosciutto, roughly torn
6-8 small basil leaves, roughly torn
50g rocket leaves
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
Passata is pureed tomato sauce available at the supermarket that can be used in pasta sauces, casseroles and for pizza toppings.
Nutrition (per serve)
|Dietry Fibre (g)||3|
|Fat Total (g)||6.6|
- Place yeast and sugar in a bowl with the water. Whisk with a fok ,and set aside for 5-8 minutes until the surface becomes frothy and bubbly.
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl, making a well in the centre, pour in the yeast mixture, and mix with your hands until a dough forms. Turn out onto a floured benchtop and knead for 8-10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place into a bowl, cover and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Punch dough down, place onto a floured benchtop and divide into two. Roll each portion into a 20cm circle, put onto a floured oventray, cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Place pumpkin onto a lined oven tray, spray with oil and sprinkle with pepper. Bake at 200° C for 10 minutes, or until tender and golden.
- Spread pizza bases evenly with sauce and top with pumpkin cubes, bocconcini, prosciutto and basil. Bake at 200° C for 10 minutes until the base and prosciutto are crisp and the bocconcini has melted.
- Toss rocket leaves in vinegar and serve with pizza slices.