THE DAIRY KITCHEN Mexican Pizza
By THE DAIRY KITCHEN
Preparation 25 MINS
Cooking 15 MINS
Get kids cooking in the kitchen with this mexican inspired pizza.
Ingredients6 corn tortillas
3/4 cup mild Mexican salsa
1 cup drained, canned red kidney beans
1 cup grated reduced fat mozzarella cheese
3 large iceberg lettuce leaves
1/2 cup reduced fat natural yoghurt
Light sour cream can be used instead of yoghurt and small pita breads or flour tortillas can be used instead of corn tortillas in this recipe. Try using cheddar cheese in place of mozzarella, or a combination of both!
- Ask an adult to preheat the oven to 180C. Line oven trays with baking paper, then place tortillas onto the paper making sure they don't overlap.
- Spread salsa onto each tortilla, (make sure you keep a gap around the edges!) then sprinkle pizzas with beans and cheese.
- Ask an adult to put the pizzas into the oven and bake them at 180C for 10 -15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
- While the pizza is cooking, ask an adult to help chop up the avocado and shred the lettuce.
- Use a spatula to pick up the hot pizzas and place them onto serving plates. Top with avocado, a sprinkling of lettuce and a dollop of yoghurt. Then get them while they're hot!